Thursday, October 21, 2010

Halloween dress

I was going to start off my brand new blog with something grand, philosophy of surface design, color theory, the love of silk. But since I've actually finished a small project, maybe I'll start with that. My 4-yr old niece's birthday is in October, so I made her a dress from some Alexander Henry fabric, featuring vintage illustrations of children in Halloween costumes. The fabric is "trick or treat", available everywhere apparently, and a nice weight. The plan was to use some black eyelet for the hem ruffle, but I messed it up and just clean finished the hem. Gave her the dress at her party, took it back, and redid the hem and ruffle properly.

As she's a very active little girl, but likes dresses, I made her some orange pantaloons from a remnant and trimmed them with scraps of cotton lace.

Next project is the Mermaid costume she requested (she's already approved the fabrics!)




No comments:

Post a Comment